HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

North Devon Hedgehog Rescue

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: North Devon Hedgehog Rescue   Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just had mum and her 4 hoglets out for a weigh, check over and a clean bed, 3 of the hoglets are still very tiny weighing in at 40g, 42g & 45g, the 4th hoglet weighs 85g !!!..never had such a weight difference before, so after giving it much thought, I decided to take the 85g hoglet away from mum in the hope the smaller 3 will get a decent feed from her...hope I've done the right thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Devon Hedgehog Rescue   Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:08 am

Got a horrible feeling mum hog has rejected her babies...she's lying outside and her babies are calling...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Devon Hedgehog Rescue   Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:18 am

Have had to remove the 3 hoglets today from mum, they are almost a month old and only weigh 47g, 54g & 55g and are the size of a 1 to 2 week old baby, the poor things are covered in poo and are very thin, have cleaned them up and bathed their eyes which were stuck together, they look a bit better now and have had fluids and a feed, fingers crossed..xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Devon Hedgehog Rescue   Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:45 am

Hoping to release the mum hog and the first baby hedgehog to be brought in this year...now need to find safe release sites, hours of trawling through addresses, possible sites and contacting people to find the best place.....!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Devon Hedgehog Rescue   Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:49 pm

The mum hog that came in a few weeks ago, was released last night along with the very first hoglet to arrive here back in June he only weighed 78g and his eyes were still closed, yesterday he was 802g, mixed feelings about him going ..had to pick up another small hog lying on a ladies front lawn on the way home last night, sadly he deteriorated during the night and had to be put to sleep this morning... The 3 hoglets that I had to remove from their mum last week are doing surprisingly well, weights now are 86g, 93g & 113g. All 3 of these hoglets have had problems, I think their mum knew they weren't 'quite right' and stopped looking after them. Will put some pictures on later. x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Devon Hedgehog Rescue   Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:04 pm

The 3 hoglets that I had to remove from their mum a couple of weeks ago are doing fine, unfortunately 2 of them are 'clangers' this means they are not your 'normal' hedgehog, my 2 are extremely small for their age and have very long faces and big ears, (I will post a picture as soon as I can) they have very sparse prickles and almost no fun on their bellies, usually the life expectancy for these clangers is short....my 2 will stay with me unless I can find a suitable caring home for them. xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Devon Hedgehog Rescue   Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:57 am

After a 'mad' evening of phone calls trying to find safe release sites for 4 hedgehogs, think its finally sorted !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Devon Hedgehog Rescue   Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:48 am

Latest pictures of our 'Clangers', now looking like proper hogs !! prickles and fur growing at long last, their weights are now 652g & 674g, they are now 2 months old, hopeful of releasing them in the spring. Bless them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Devon Hedgehog Rescue   Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:00 pm

Update on the little Fremington hog, she is much better today..although still not out of the woods..poo sample this morning confirmed she has lungworm, so I have started treatment with levacide and hope I've caught it early enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Devon Hedgehog Rescue   Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:00 am

Two more little hogs just come in, one is very poorly, will post pics asap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Devon Hedgehog Rescue   Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:15 pm

Picture of the 'Tiverton Trio', they all have skin problems (possible ringworm) and have just had their 2nd bath...only another 2 baths to go then they can go into the hog hotel, then (maybe) our house might smell a bit better !!!
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: North Devon Hedgehog Rescue   Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Thank you for all you are doing my love, I think you are wonderful. These pics are so cute, isn;t mummy a big girl?

Hugs

Jo xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Devon Hedgehog Rescue   Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Lots of small hedgehogs coming in, I'm running out of space...and food...can anyone help ?? even a few tins of food or a small packet of Iams cat or kitten biscuits (meat based foods only) would be great, I am getting through 3/4 tins a day and lots of biscuits and dried mealworms. Also anyone interested in fostering a hog or two over the winter months ?? you will need a large hutch or pen in a shed or un-used garage or out-building. Lastly..any kind person/s can spare a couple of hours a day or week to come and help with the cleaning out of hutches and washing bowls ?? you will need to be able to bend down and kneel !! as some of our hutches are near to the floor. Sorry, no under 16's. If you would like to give a small donation, cheques can be made payable to 'North Devon Hedgehog Rescue'. For any of the above please ring 01271 816989. Cheers 'm Dears. xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Devon Hedgehog Rescue   

Back to top Go down

North Devon Hedgehog Rescue
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum :: Other Exotic Hedgehogs :: Wild Hedgehogs-
Jump to: